Saturday, May 15, 2010

More roses....

Thought I would post some more rose photos before I get busy with Jack's birthday party tomorrow.
It's been raining here for days on end. Our seeds have sprouted in the vegetable garden, but it's so muddy we haven't been able to thin the sprouts out yet. The poor roses are so heavy with water, I've had to go out and trim them of their largest blossoms just to keep them off the ground. The only good thing about that is that I got to bring some in. I arranged them in my Mothers Milk Glass vase (which I'm pretty sure she has forgotten I have) and snuggled them in along some recent purchases I made from The Shabby Chic Cottage's Etsy store.



I did manage however (rain go away) to take a few shots of the pink climber that grows atop the pergola. It's beautiful as ever, but does seem to have less blooms hanging down then usual, yet plenty up top and on the side for my neighbor to enjoy...... I'm thinking dear husband used some of his "pruning" magic on them....~@~ (that's a little evil eye there)



Once the rain stops...(any day now please!!) I'll get the outdoor cushions and umbrellas out and take some pictures to share. I bought all new cushions this year, with a change in color schemes and am VERY excited to get to this! Hope everyone is having a wonderfully relaxing weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment