Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another Saturday Night....What's for Dinner?

Yep, it's another Saturday night and we are home (as usual)!  It's very VERY hot here again with heat indexes over 100.  I just looked at my weatherbug and it's showing most of the county covered in this heat, so I guess we are all going through it together!

Ok, so on to dinner....I grilled tonight so as not to heat up the house.  Jim is trimming shrubs yet again, so just me grilling (be afraid....very afraid, though come to think of it, you're not eating this, so no worries).

No recipes tonight because you don't need any.  I took a whole chicken, rubbed him with house seasoning which is just salt, pepper and garlic powder and then stuck him on this little grilling gadget with an open can of Coke inside of him. ( we picked these up at Bass Pro Shop) It's even better with a can of beer, but Treeman drinks long necks so I didn't have any.  Though I guess I could have poured the coke out and filled it with beer from a bottle eh?  I digress...so back to the chicken....





While the chicken was cooking,  I tossed some asparagus spears and sliced red peppers with salt, pepper, minced garlic and balsamic vinegar and olive oil.   I threw these on the grill when the chicken was pretty much done.



While the veggies were grilling  I made up a simple salad of red leaf lettuce, tomato's, green onions, apples, walnuts and feta cheese. I then dressed it with Balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.  This is equally as yummy with blue cheese but feta is what I had on hand.





A bit over cooked on the outside, as usual when I grill, but its delicious all the same I promise! :)





Nice and simple!

Are you grilling this weekend?  I have a bunch of favorite outdoor cooking ideas I look forward to sharing with you over the summer and would love to hear if you have favorites as well!

Hope you're all having a wonderful, relaxing weekend!





9 comments:

  1. Mmmm... we are so gonna start crashing your place for dinner on Saturday! I love the new fonts you have picked, and that all you talk about lately is food (heaven), and especially that his name is Treeman. Looking forward to your next post.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "wish" that you guys would crash for dinner! There are always so many leftovers. We had enough of that chicken left from last night that I'm going to make a Hot Chicken Salad Casserole for today. Just looking for any excuse to have some of that yummy Duke's mayonnaise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay....you can send me your meals anytime! you really out-do it on Saturday nights....we weiner roast:) Looks delicious as usual....and one day i WILL fly in for supper and a swim in your pool!
    hope you had a wonderful weekend:)
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I might just hold you to that!
    How did the triathlon go? Will you blog about it? I've been thinking about your race all weekend. Even when I was grilling the chicken...;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, that looks tasty. Love the salad -will have to give your recipe a try. Salads are perfect in this heat. It's 107 degrees around my house today - yuck! But, that's what you get when you live in sunny CA.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Peace. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! 107?? Oh ya, that's definitely salad weather! It cooled off here today due to thunderstorms coming through last night. A lovely reprieve to be sure!
    Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can't believe how beautiful that meal looks. I could just sit down and never leave.
    I am hiding this post from my hubby he will think I am a terrible wife for not making such a beautiful meal.
    Thanks for such a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Dawn! I'm thinking my husband doesn't really notice the beauty. He's one of those guys that will load his food on top of each other if he gets the chance! (I make his plate though so he can't practice that act of food mixing at home) *g*
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, everything looks so good! My hubby wants to try that beer in a chicken one of these days. The salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete