Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jack's First Fishing Excursion

Last weekend we received a surprise invitation from some dear friends to come and visit and bring Jack fishing in their lake.  Jack has yet to be fishing, though his father and he spent a good day at Bass Pro Shop not long ago stocking up on all the necessity's for such an event!  So of course we gladly accepted the invite, which was to include a dinner of Fish Taco's from the days catch!


This post is going to be picture heavy as our Hostess took tons of wonderful pictures and I'm having a hard time picking which ones to leave out!   A little note about these fish....Our host, Keith feeds his fish, so they readily come and nearly jump on the hook! Jack of course had a blast and caught many fish. Three he and dad managed to reel in, several broke free as we were netting them and all but one, we threw back for another day!



Feeding the fish..(better known as luring them to their demise) *g*



The first cast









OMG, are you loving this?











Sweet Success!






Heading out on the boat to catch some Bass!  This was Jack's first time on a boat as well. (yes, we're boring)



Remember, it's a lake...no current, no storms and everyone can swim like a fish!



Isn't this just beautiful? This is the view our friends wake to every day....






Well that's our fishing day in images.  Thank you Brenda and Keith for sharing your beautiful world with us (and you're fish), and the delicious fish tacos!  If I ever wrangle that recipe from Keith, I'll be sure to share it with all of you here!


Hope you're all having a wonderful week!






6 comments:

  1. oh i LOVE these pictures and the story! What a wonderful day for all of you:) There is nothing like watching your little guy reel in his first catch- ever!
    Love it! Thanks for sharing:)
    happy day to you friend,
    dawn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I was giggling with tears in my eyes because I LOVE experiencing all the "firsts" with the kids. I look forward to the boys' first fishing trip (the place I want to buy has a private lake). Those were some pretty big fish, too! Jack is such a lucky guy to have such a good Mama and Daddy! ;) Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie your little Jack is! He caught a big one... good for him! And it doesn't sound boring to me... looks like a wonderful family day.
    Have a great weekend,
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful day and Jack will remember it forever! The lake looks beautiful! Oh - I made your pasta (previous post) a few days ago - everyone loved it! I just picked up a $5 chicken to go along with it and to make my life easier. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked the recipe! I also made it again this past week to accompany a chicken dish I did for guest (will post on that chicken later today) *g*

    I love those $5 chickens! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have a son named Jack. I love the name! Your Jack is a doll! And the scenery is fabulous!

    Having said that, I must say that I hope nobody who lives with me ever stumbles upon your site since you are the queen of domestication! The food looks superb!!!!

    Best,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete