We are having friends and family over tomorrow. A LOT of friends and family! We supply the meat and everyone brings their favorite dish. Treeman tells me to lay off the cooking because of us supplying the main course, but you just know "that's" not happening!
So this potato salad is one of the dishes I'll be making.
You peel your potatoes...
then quarter them...
Place the potatoes in a large pan of salted water and boil over medium-low
heat until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and place in the refrigerator to cool.
Be sure to check the potatoes for doneness as they are cooking.
I really don't like mine to be too done.
While the potatoes are cooling off gather your ingredient.
Pretty much, anything you would like to have on your baked potato,
you can throw into this salad so let your imagination run wild...:)
And if you haven't yet tried this Dukes Mayonnaise...OMG, you just have to!
I love this stuff and look for any excuse at all to use it in abundance! *g*
Though this recipe doesn't call for it, I like to add chives.
I seldom have any on hand fresh so I use the dehydrated ones from Sam's.
Mix the mayo and sour cream together
and then the remainder of the ingredients....
Then just fold it all into the potatoes and season to taste!
You can chill this and add it later to the potatoes, or add it now and chill the whole salad.
Garnish the top with additional bacon, onions and shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
And there you go! Here's the recipe;
Recipe: Loaded Potato Salad
- 6 medium baking potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise 3/4 cup sour cream
- 8 slices of crisply cooked and chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- green onions with top, thinly sliced shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Peel, rinse and quarter the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large pan of water and boil over medium-low heat until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Combine sour cream and mayonnaise in small bowl.
- Chop bacon and red onion and add to mayonnaise mixture. Stir in salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to assemble, place in large bowl and fold in mayonnaise/sour cream mixture.
- You may garnish the top with bacon, green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
Chives whether dehydrated or fresh are a good addtion.
Microformatting by hRecipe.
[donotprint]I'm heading off to the kitchen to make the rest of my dishes for tomorrow. One of my sons just stopped by (the one that has the culinary degree =:-O) And requested my home made boursin cheese, so I'll add that to the list. Here is what's on the board for today....
- S'more Brownies (yes I'm making them again and will dye 100 deaths of joy eating them)
- Braunschweiger spread
- french onion dip
- Boursin Cheese
I'll post these recipes to share with you over the coming week.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend and keeping in mind what we are celebrating!